Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Where can I find out what the most common names and surnames of different countries are?

Hey Intrigued,





CTU gave you a good answer. Here are some other places to look. Finding surnames throughout the world is different, for exapmle in India, their naming system is different, and helps identify their genealogy better. I have no clue when it comes to asian surnames.

Where can I find out what the most common names and surnames of different countries are?
Try this site:





http://www.behindthename.com/top/
Reply:You have not given a particular family surname you are looking for, and your question is not about a specific given name, surname or country. You could start by going to local library and asking a librarian to direct you to a book, or books, on the subject. Librarians are there to answer questions and have been very helpful to me in my own searches.


No comments:

Post a Comment